Friday 20 March 2015

Evaluation Question Two

How does your media product represent particular social groups? 

When doing my research I found out which artists from the Pop music industry people liked. I used this research in order to gain inspiration for my magazine. I have mainly looked at female artists as the artist that features in my magazine is female. I have looked at style of dress, makeup, body positioning's and location when they are featured on a magazine. Most magazines tend to have photo shoots in a studio and therefore keep the white background as they fill the rest of the space with colourful graphics. I found doing this questionnaire helpful because it meant that I could find out what the audience liked and how I could merge my idea around the ideal view of what people will buy.


Costume 


 I have looked at a range of celebrity's styles mostly looking at dresses and play-suits as these are the two items of clothing that I chose for my main model to wear in the magazine. The reoccurring colours in these images are pink and blue. The pattern is floral and layered ruffles of material. I think that these patterns and colours are quite feminine therefore they appeal to a female audience. I liked the different styles of clothing and necklines. the sweetheart neckline looks really flattering as well as the straight cut of the jumpsuit.


When picking my costumes I looked at a range of clothing that was a possibility for my model to wear, the long prom dress appears in the magazine on the contents page for one of the smaller features of the magazine. I thought that the blue lace dress and the blue jumpsuit suited my main model better as it complements her skin tone.

 My Costume 

For my costume I have chosen youthfully feminine clothing. I have chosen two different outfits for my main model to vary the photographs within the magazine. The first piece of clothing is the blue dress with the black waist band. I chose this dress because the lace fabric and the layers adds a feminine touch to the dress, the colour blue challenges the conventions of pop because the colours usually associated with this genre of music is bright and colourful colours for example pink is hugely used.  The other item of clothing that I had chosen is the floral playsuit in blue. Again this is quite feminine and fun. I think that the floral pattern makes the image feel summery therefore portraying a happy mood to the audience as summer is associated with being outside in the sun having fun. The shoes that I chose my model to wear were glittery silver heels from Primark. I think that the shoes add to the image and make it more glamorous to the audience. The clothing and shoes is trying to represent the current generation and the latest fashion styles that are worn.  


When selecting the shoes for my model I had a range of different pairs to choose from that would have fit well with the model. They are different styles therefore they could have changed the way that the outfit looked. For example the black boots with the dress could have still looked nice but they would have being a bit to plain and boring. Personally I think that the glittery platform heels suit the style of my artist better due to it adding a bit more glam to the image. 











Body Positioning 
I have looked at a range of positions, these are a few examples that I have used in my work. I have mainly looked at Katy Perry and Pixie Lott for my main artist that is featured in this magazine. 

1 comment:

  1. You have really done a good job and looking nice and trendy in all these dresses. You have adopted the positioning as well as style in the right way.

    ReplyDelete